- There must be nine faceoff spots on the ice. These are only places at which an on-ice official can drop the puck to begin game action.
- All faceoff spots must be red except for the one at center ice which must be blue.
- A circular spot 30 cm (12") in diameter must be marked exactly in the center of the ice surface. With this spot as a center, a circle with a radius of 4.5 meters (14' 9") must be marked with a blue line 5 cm (2") wide. This constitutes the center faceoff circle.
- A total of four faceoff spots 60 cm (24") in diameter must be marked in the neutral zone. There must be two such spots 1.5 meters (5') from each blue line. These faceoff spots should be the same distance from an imaginary straight line running from the center of both goal lines as the end-zone faceoff spots.
- A total of four faceoff spots 60 cm (24") in diameter and red circles 5 cm (2") wide with a radius of 4.5 meters (14' 9") from the center of the faceoff spot must be marked on the ice in both end zones and on both sides of each goal. On either side of the end zone faceoff spots must be marked a double “L”.
- The location of the end zone faceoff spots must be fixed along a line 6 meters (19' 8") from each icing line. Parallel to this, mark two points 7 meters (23') on both sides of a straight line drawn from the center of one goal line to the other. Each point will be the center of the end faceoff spot.
- In resurfacing the ice, it is necessary to ensure that the Erste Bank logo circle under the ice and the ServusTV logo are visible and clearly recognizable at all times; in particular, it is necessary to ensure that the logos are not made unrecognizable by the thickening of the ice.
No advertising or additional marking can be the same or close to the same color as the "L" marking or faceoff spots.
No advertising or additional markings can cross through or be part of the faceoff spots.
In addition, the EBEL marketing committee guidelines, beginning with the 2015/2016 season will be in effect.