- The EBEL-Disciplinary Senate can investigate all cases where violations of EBEL Fundamental Rules and especially the IIHF-Rulebook (see Part I §2) are known.
- An official complaint by a club is possible only until 12:00 noon the next day after a game in question. Simultaneously with the forwarding of the Video evidence by email, an E-banking voucher stating € 500.- (application cost per case) have been paid to EBEL has to be filed.
In the case the complaint of a club gets accepted with a positive feedback, 50% of the fee will be returned to the respective allocation account of the club.
- The EBEL-Disciplinary Senate informs the persons/clubs who are subjected to the official complaint via phone, or in written, by fax or e-mail about the respective complaint, with a request to file a written Statement about the incident until 18:00 on the same day. (Emergency deadline).
- Complaints about Public violence or security service failure can only be filed by the Officiating team or an EBEL-Supervisor on duty.
- All complaints have to be sent to the following contacts: