- The deadline for registering to participate in the Erste Bank Eishockey Liga (EBEL) Championship is January 15th, 12:00 noon prior to the season in question. The official registration for participation in the Erste Bank Eishockey Liga (EBEL) Championship must be submitted in writing (using the Registration Form enclosed) to the EBEL Administrative Office. The originals of any bank guarantees required by the EBEL (International EBEL clubs) must also be submitted to the EBEL Administrative Office by that day. If there is no new bank guarantee or a confirmation of extension of a current bank guarantee for another 12 month (up to June 30 next calendar year) the league presidium is authorized to redeem the present (for the running season) bank guarantee.
If a club applies to join EBEL, this application has to be submitted until January 15th, 12:00 of the respective season. The presidency of EBEL can enlighten this period until the next Presidents’ meeting following the named date.
- EBEL clubs are only eligible to participate if they fulfill the requirements of Article 3 Paragraph (1) and send a written confirmation of the relevant season's Fundamental Rules for the Erste Bank Eishockey Liga (EBEL) Championship to the EBEL by January 15th, 12:00 noon latest (see the "Confirmation of Fundamental Rules" enclosed).
- The written Registration Form and Confirmation mentioned in Article 3 Paragraphs (1) and (2) must be signed by an authorized officer of the club and sent by fax and Email to the EBEL Administrative Office by the deadlines indicated.
EBEL Administrative Office
Erste Bank Eishockey Liga
A-1130 Vienna, Austria
Fax: +43 / (0)1 / 890 17 54 – 12
- Each club is to nominate its strongest team for each game. The failure of a team to appear for a game will lead to a penalty and require the compensation of any costs incurred as well as a lump-sum compensation payment to the opposing club in accordance with the EBEL Penalty Catalog.
- Rosters must be composed in accordance with the roster regulations issued by the EBEL for the current season (EBEL/EBYSL+EBJL GameBook).
- Every Club participating in EBEL is obliged to field a youth team in Erste Bank Young Stars League (EBYSL) and Erste Bank Juniors League (EBJL) according to the regulations of EBYSL and EBJL. An exception for a club can be passed by the presidency of the EBEL.