- The ice surface must be divided lengthwise by five lines marked on the ice surface, extending completely across, and continuing vertically up the boards to the dasher: icing line, blue line, center red line, blue line, icing line.
- The middle three lines mark the three zones of the rink and are referred to as the defending zone, the neutral zone, and the attacking zone. The zones will be established as such: icing line to blue line, blue line to blue line and blue line to icing line, as measured from the middle of each line.
- The center red line divides the length of the rink exactly equally. It must be 30cm wide and extend up the kick plate and up the full height of the boards to the dasher. In case of advertising allowed on the boards, the lines must be marked at least on the kick plate.
- The two icing lines must be marked 4,0 meters from the flat and middle sections of the end boards (i.e. not the curved sections) at both ends of the rink and must be 5cm wide.
- The blue lines must be 22,86 meters from the flat and middle sections of the end boards at both ends of the rink and be 30cm wide. They must extend up the kick plate and onto the boards. In case of advertising allowed on the boards, the lines must be marked at least on the kick plate.
*ICE Hockey League - No advertising or additional ice marking can be within 30cm of any of the five lines marked on the ice surface.
In addition, the ICE Hockey League marketing committee guidelines, beginning with the 2015/2016 season will be in effect.