- There must be nine faceoff spots on the ice. These are only places at which an on-ice official can drop the puck to begin game action.
- All faceoff spots must be red except for the one at center ice which must be blue.
- A circular spot 30cm in diameter must be marked exactly in the center of the ice surface. With this spot as a center, a circle with a radius of 4,5 meters must be marked with a blue line 5cm wide. This constitutes the center faceoff circle.
- A total of four faceoff spots 60cm in diameter must be marked in the neutral zone. There must be two such spots 1,5 meters from each blue line. These faceoff spots should be the same distance from an imaginary straight line running from the center of both goal lines as the end-zone faceoff spots.
- A total of four faceoff spots 60cm in diameter and red circles 5cm wide with a radius of 4,5 meters from the center of the faceoff spot must be marked on the ice in both end zones and on both sides of each goal. On either side of the end zone faceoff spots must be marked a double “L”.
- The location of the end zone faceoff spots must be fixed along a line 6 meters from each icing line. Parallel to this, mark two points 7 meters on both sides of a straight line drawn from the center of one goal line to the other. Each point will be the center of the end faceoff spot.
- In resurfacing the ice, it is necessary to ensure that the win2day logo circle under the ice and the PULS24 logo are visible and clearly recognizable at all times; in particular, it is necessary to ensure that the logos are not made unrecognizable by the thickening of the ice.
No advertising or additional marking can be the same or close to the same color as the "L" marking or faceoff spots.